The Oklahoma Native Assets Coalition Inc. (ONAC) has partnered with IRS Stakeholder Partnerships, Education, and Communication (SPEC) and agreed to post a link on our website to MyFreeTaxes.com.
For the 2017 MyFreeTaxes season, if you are a filing a simple return, and have an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) up to $64,000 per tax return, you are invited to file your state and federal returns, for free, by using this MyFreeTaxes link: www.myfreetaxes.com.
Please note that ONAC is not in a position to answer any of your tax filing questions, address MyFreeTaxes IT questions, or to prepare your returns for you. If you have questions while you are preparing your returns on the MyFreeTaxes site, or if you are asked for payment information to prepare your federal or state tax returns and your income is $64,000 or less, please call this toll free number: 1-855-698-9435.
To file your taxes on MyFreeTaxes.com, you will need the following:
- Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for each family member and working adult.
- 1095-A if you received a tax credit from the healthcare.gov marketplace.
- Childcare provider name, address and tax ID, if applicable.
- Bank routing and account numbers for checking or savings account (if you qualify for refund via secure direct deposit).
- Last year’s tax return, if you have it.
Since 2009, MyFreeTaxes has helped millions of taxpayers claim their eligible tax credits. The IRS is promoting this partnership.
For those wishing to go to file in person at a Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site, you may search for sites near you at www.myfreetaxes.com.
Please note: If you, or someone you know, have less than $47,955 ($53,505 if married filing jointly) in adjusted gross income, you may be eligible to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
Also, as tax time is a great time to save for retirement, here is the link to information on myRA (www.myra.gov), a starter retirement savings account available through the U.S. Department of the Treasury.