How Can Asset Building Programs Help Native Families?
Asset building programs can help individuals, families, and communities to:
- Plug their leaking economies
- Increase their financial literacy
- Pass along intergenerational assets such as land
- Change savings habits
- Think about their future differently
- Purchase assets such as homes, postsecondary education, etc.
- Build and repair credit
- Hold land in common
- Teach Native history, values, language, etc. as part of providing matched savings accounts, financial education programs, etc.